Monday, October 13, 2008

Don't wanna be no millionaire

"I think careers are a 20th century invention and I don't want one."
-Christopher McCandless, aka Alexander Supertramp.

It seems as though every career choice I’ve showed some interest in is out of my reach. As soon as i heard medical degree, anesthetist was crossed off my list. I would love to be somehow involved in the fashion industry, like many others, so the chances of me actually getting anywhere is slim to nothing. I thought to myself, “Peta, what do you think would make your life worth while and interesting”. This is what I came up with.

I want to find the most perfect outdoors environment. It would be in a garden with luscious green grass and a nice big shady tree with a large variety of flowers that wouldn’t attract ants, bees or other insects. The sun would be shining all day and I would close up the holes in the ozone layer so there would be no need to apply sunscreen every 4 hours. At night, while it’s still mildly warm, you would be able to look up and actually see the stars in the sky. I’d sit at this little wooden table that has teacups filled with gin and other favorable drinks and I would invite everyone there because I want to talk to them all. When I say everyone I mean everybody in the human race. I’d ask them to sit with me, perhaps small groups of three or four, and ask them questions about life or anything else that interested them. I want to be able to hear opinions on a wide range of issues and topics. It’d be totally mind boggling and I really think I’d enjoy getting a better insight to what people thought about things that are happening and life in general.

It’s out of my reach but it won't stop me from dreaming.