Monday, December 15, 2008

sky high





My favorite pair of jeans are blue and skinny legged. They are the only pair of jeans that I own that I don’t have to roll up because they’re the most perfect length. I bought them while I was on an overseas trip to America in 2006 in Macys (I think) and they have been my favorite pair of jeans since. But a tragedy occurred last week which damaged my Paris Blues jeans.

One night not too long ago at a friend’s house a couple of us decided it would be fun to have a fire. A trangia stove was brought out from the garage and was filled with paper, twigs and a burning sanitary item. The best friend and I sat with legs on either side of the fire talking and staring up at the bright blue clear sky that still hadn’t darkened by seven thirty. I stood up and left the warmth of the fire to go inside the kitchen for a brief second. As I was opening the door to join my friends outside again I felt a pain on my right leg. I looked down and noticed my jeans had caught alight. In my state I stood there quietly squealing in shock, jumping up and down not knowing what to do. The fire burning my pants was shortly extinguished leaving a 3-4cm hole in the pant leg. Of course, none of my friends had any sympathy for me and laughed as I exclaimed how I just ruined my favorite pants in the world and that I would never in my life find pants that fit me that well.

As I’ve now put one hole in my jeans, I am toying with the idea of putting multiple holes up the pant leg to create a growing hole effect. Will I be charged with manslaughter if this idea fails? I don’t know if I could live with the guilt of destroying something I love so dearly.

Source: fashionising.com

1 comment:

kg said...

why! not give it a go!
best of luck.