Monday, November 17, 2008

I hear the engine pass

The other day I walked onto the train and this smell hit me. When flicking though my smell memory bank I came to the conclusion that it was neither cigarettes nor bad body odor, as I had originally assumed, but rather the fragrance of a burning marijuana plant. This is when I decided it would be a perfect time to play “Guess Who” yet in this particular version I would try and figure out who on the train carriage this lingering smell was coming from

After about 5 minutes and having no definite clue as to who it could be, I continued chewing on my gum and staring out the window. About two seconds later I glanced to my right to see a strongly built man with shoulder length messy, curly hair and a large brown jacket start walking over to my direction. As he trudged down the middle of the carriage I noticed that his eyes were a nice shade of pink, which meant I had a pretty good clue as to who the person I was trying to guess could be. He stopped right in front of me, looked at my t-shirt and “What does your t-shirt say?” came out of his mouth. “I don’t know, it’s written in Chinese.” I replied. “Ahh,” he exclaimed, “you have nice eyes. Stay safe.” I smiled. “You too.” At that moment he walked through the door joining to the next carriage and was gone forever.

Never have I been so overjoyed to receive a compliment like the one from the mysterious middle aged stoned man with the crazy hair. It has to be one of the best, if not the best, compliment I have gotten. I can honestly say he made my day, and every time I think about it, it makes me smile.

No comments: